Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Recovery

Today, I am officially 10 days post double hernia surgery.

Slow recovery, but I am recovering.  I am unable to stand for long periods of time and I tire very easily.  This is definitely not the enjoyable, lots of time for writing and enjoying myself, recovery I had planned.  This is I can't wipe my ass recovery. 

TMI?
Nope.  That is the bare minimum of totally embarrassing, demeaning things my husband has had to do for me this week.  God love him.

On the upside, by pushing all my guts back in, and sewing my muscles back together and restraining their sheer force of weight back with a piece of mesh...there is not a whole lot of extra room in there.  I can barely hold a quarter cup of food for a whole day.  This is both good and bad I suppose.  I've already lost 5 lbs.

My surgeon is also a bariatric surgeon.  Which has got me thinking again.  Terrible, I know.

Make a decision and stick with it, lady!

I want to say that I still believe everything I have ever said on the subject, but I don't know if I do.  I have a follow up appointment with him tomorrow and with that I may just broach the subject again.

I'm 40, people.  Time is of the essence.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Jim is the best, but then I'm sure he knows he's married to the best as well! I know you'll consider the pros and cons and make a decision that is right for you. There's no shame in changing you mind. Life is a whole string of decisions that may have been decided differently if we made them on an different day or in a different mood. You're brilliant and make it a habit of being the most informed about anything of importance to you, so I'm sure you'll decide what's bet for you. Feel better soon, and enjoy the downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christie,
    Due to the rather unfortunate event of me spilling a whole mug of tea on my 3 month old computer I find myself back on my old one...but because I am on my old computer while looking for something else in my favorites folder I thought I would once again check your blog to see if you were back....I was delighted to see that you are! I always really enjoyed reading your blog and although I totally understood when you stepped away, I was sad to see you go.
    I hope that you are recovering nicely from the surgery! I'm curious how the follow-up appointment went and if you decided to have "that" conversation?
    With regard to letting us down, stop that! The people that care about you don't feel that way, and the rest don't matter.
    You have actually inspired me to make an attempt at getting back to blogging. I don't have anywhere near the readers that you do, and honestly I'm good with that because I always want to be doing it for me without the pressure. Not to mention that there are some deeply personal things in there that I wouldn't want any of the RL people in my life to know about for fear of my daughter actually finding out what kind of husband her dad was.

    ReplyDelete