Monday, February 20, 2012

Some Things In Life Just Aren't Fair

I think that any reasonable adult knows this to be true.  I think most unreasonable adults know this to be true, but refuse to accept the status quo.

I am not sure which of the two categories I fit into at this point.  I have been away for a bit, but I just want you to know that while I was upset by the news that I did not get the job...it did not make me go cray-cray and forget all the things that I know and want to change about being an obese woman. 

In fact...it gave me new resolve.

I have been MIA, but I am happy to say that it is not because I have fallen off plan or because I am embarrassed by my actions over the last 10 days or so...it is strictly because I have been ill.

Saying that I have been ill is like saying being covered by a thousand mosquito bites "itch". 

This adventure into affliction and convalescence has not been one for the weak of heart. It started off as a persistent cough found in my seven year old.  Persistent enough that there was no way to avoid an appointment with the doctor, despite not having insurance.

 On my way to the appointment,  I already knew from the general achiness in my bones that it had my name and it was coming for me.  I tried to blow it off...Be tough for the kids, but as the doctor was confirming a diagnosis of Influenza A and Pneumonia in my eldest, fever was already radiating from my collar.

The next seven days were a blur.  Hours of  sleeping.  At some point not being sure of what day it was.  Vague memories of telling my four year old to eat bananas and passing out while staving off a 104 degree temperature in my eldest...it was all very "Little Women".

I can only confirm that the banana thing must be true because when the haze cleared, half eaten bananas could be found on every available surface throughout my home.

I wondered why no one bothered to clean any of it up and then I remembered that I am married  ;).

I believe that I am on the mend, but there is no telling with this thing...lol.

My weigh in is tomorrow.  Thanks to the flu...it promises to be fantastic. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! I hope you guys are on the mend FAST. I'm going to send healing vibes your way. *hugs*

    And...oddly enough...I watched "Little Women" today. Weird. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh with Winona Ryder? "I just love it when the damsels in distress" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you were so sick!! I also hope that you all are on the mend.
    I was also wondering why there was no one to pick up the slack while you were sick, then you reminded me...lol... you are married.

    ReplyDelete